Answered By: Travis Souther
Last Updated: May 04, 2018     Views: 328

Yes, in February 1944, thirty acres of land at the corner of Shipyard Boulevard and Carolina Beach Road behind where the CVS currently stands became a prisoner of war camp.

For more research on this topic try the following resources:

Also, be sure to visit the North Carolina Room to browse the vertical files and Star News articles on this topic.