Q. Is the library open?
Yes. The library reopened on Monday, August 17th at 50% capacity. There will be limited services offered and limited staff assistance.
A mask is now required to enter the library. If you are unable to wear a mask, the library is happy to accommodate you with our phone, online, and curbside services.
The library encourages its patrons to sanitize your hands and surfaces, and respect social distancing guidelines. Curbside pick-up of holds will still be available.
- Should we schedule a pickup with the library for the open times, or just show up?
- You will not need to schedule a pick-up, but we can only get you items that you have placed a hold on by going online or by calling the library.
- Where do I pick-up my holds at the main library on Chestnut? How does it work with my card?
- Holds at the Main library downtown will be picked up in the 2nd street parking deck, in patron parking. You will be able to check out your holds normally, as staff will have them pulled for you.
- Can I return books to library at the same time I pick up holds?
- Yes, books can be safely returned at the same time you pick up books.
- When will the libraries open again for wifi / laptop use?
- That would come in Phase 3 of the Governor's plan, and at this point we are awaiting to data to see when Phase 3 could possibly begin.